- Huge 500% win bonus
- Colossal jackpots
- Virtuals and games
- No welcome offer
- Few sports
- Low odds
Review of most branched African bookmaker — betPawa
Established in 2014, betPawa is now one of the most far-reaching online bookmakers in the whole Africa.
With its motto “Bet Small, Win BIG”, this firm is famous for a few particular things. The first one is a very low minimum stake provided — only one unit of the local currency in every country, apart from Ghana and Zambia where the minimum bet in betPawa is 0.01! Secondly, there is a win bonus for combo bets.
Then, an opportunity to download an app of betPawa lets you save on mobile traffic and gamble from anywhere with an internet connection. Also, there are jackpots and games in many countries, and the Hall of Fame for exceptionally big winners.
But is it worth it to play games at betPawa and bet on sports here? Experts of Takebet Philippines have concluded a research and completed a review of this sportsbook to tell you about registration of an online betting account here, withdrawing money from betPawa and paying for a deposit, their mobile website, jackpots and bonus offers.
Ready, my men? Let’s dive in!
Details about company: history and founder
BetPawa is a pan-African online bookmaker, true. However, it was established and is now operated by foreign entrepreneurs including Rasmus Hansen, a betPawa founder who is serving as the company's CTO, under local trade names. Hansen started this business with a minimal development team. He is also the co-founder of Alien Gaming Intelligence and the Senior Technical Advisor of Pawapay company.
According to the betPawa review compiled by Takebet Philippines, this online bookmaker came to be one of the fastest-growing gaming companies in Africa. It plans to launch in several more states of the African continent.
The betPawa official global website address is www.betpawa.com, which is basically a starting page with a country selector from where you can get to any local site.
The company offers a way of opening an account in ten countries:
- Uganda (www.betpawa.ug)
- Tanzania (www.betpawa.co.tz)
- Nigeria (www.betpawa.ng)
- Zambia (www.betpawa.co.zm)
- Ghana (www.betpawa.com.gh)
- Kenya (www.betpawa.co.ke)
- Rwanda (www.betpawa.rw)
- Cameroon (www.betpawa.cm)
- Democratic Republic of Congo (www.betpawa.cd)
- Malawi (www.betpawa.mw)
There is also a Zimbabwean version (www.betpawa.co.zw), but it is inactive.
The languages of the online sports betting site include English, Kiswahili and French.
The known physical address of the betPawa sportsbook is K&K Chambers, Ground Floor, Plot 5A2 Acacia Avenue, Kololo, P.O.Box 2724 Kampala, Uganda. In Malawi, it is Kuwina Limited, Avalon Office Park Building, P.O Box 140, Maselema, Blantyre.
|Deposit options||Airtel Money, Airteltigo Money, Airtel (USSD), MTN MoMo, MTN Airtime, MTN (USSD), M-Pesa, M-Pesa (USSD), Tigo Pesa (USSD), Halo Pesa (USSD), Vodafone Cash, Vodacom, Orange Money, TNM Mpamba, bank transfer|
|Withdrawal options||Mobile money, bank transfer|
|Currency||UGX (Uganda), TZS (Tanzania), NGN (Nigeria), ZMW (Zambia), GHS (Ghana), KES (Kenya), RWF (Rwanda), XAF (Cameroon), CDF (DR Congo), MWK (Malawi)|
|Sports||Football, basketball, tennis|
|Support Whatsapp||+237692758390 (Cameroon), +265 885 282 814 (Malawi)|
|Support Telegram||+256707460428 (Uganda)|
|Support firstname.lastname@example.org (Uganda), email@example.com (Tanzania), firstname.lastname@example.org (Nigeria), email@example.com (Zambia), firstname.lastname@example.org (Ghana), email@example.com (Kenya), firstname.lastname@example.org (Rwanda), email@example.com (Cameroon), firstname.lastname@example.org (DR Congo), email@example.com (Malawi)|
|Support tel||+256312422200 (Uganda), +255800750142 (Tanzania), +2347002387292 (Nigeria), +260971246400 (Zambia), +233596921009 (Ghana), +254711082233 (Kenya), 252515510 and 252515511 (Rwanda), 88002050 (Cameroon), +243852206221 and +243830003003 (DR Congo), +265 880 349 094 for TNM and +265 880 349 094 for Airtel (Malawi)|
License and industry stature
So is betPawa legit or a scam? The former! The company is licensed in every African state it operates in. Let’s review each license and company:
- The official name of betPawa Uganda is Intelworld Co Limited, license #24 from the National Gaming Board of Uganda.
- The trading name of betPawa Tanzania is Nanovas Tanzania Limited (PO Box 1717, Dar es Salaam), license #SBI000000026 issued by the Gaming Board of Tanzania.
- The official designation of betPawa Nigeria is Calgary Online Limited, licensed according to the legal code of Lagos, Nigeria.
- The official name of betPawa Zambia is BetBio Zambia Limited, license #897 issued by the BCLB.
- The trading name of betPawa Ghana is Nova Vesta Limited under the license #GCSB20M4936B from the Gaming Commission of Ghana.
- The official designation of betPawa Kenya is Nanovas International (K) Ltd (Gaming International Limited), with the Kenyan BCLB license #BK000353.
- The official name of betPawa Rwanda is registered with the MINICOM as Betpawa Ltd with a license #019.
- The trading name of betPawa Cameroon is Ennovative Gaming Sarl, which has a local license #9757.
- The official designation of betPawa DR Congo is Quick Bet Sarl, taking bets under the Congolese SONAL license.
- The trading name of betPawa Malawi is Kuwina Limited licensed according to the applicable law of Malawi.
The game of this bookie is on when it comes to sponsorship agreements. In October 2018, the company announced the signing of an influential Nigerian pop star Mr Eazi as their brand ambassador. With him, the bookie launched the emPawa initiative frequently featured in the betPawa news: Mr Eazy and four more producers teamed with the bookie to produce a hundred music videos for young artists and to fund a study for 10 of them at emPawa Music Masterclass in South Africa for three weeks.
With this sponsorship deal, Mr Eazy and betPawa are helping promising African artists to uncover their full potential with the support of local African online sports betting enthusiasts. How? Easy: 10% of every bet on their famous jackpots was set to be donated to this charity. Pretty cool, says Takebet Philippines!
Now, within their “Win BIG, Give Back” charity initiative, the bookmaker awards big winners with additional cash for community causes. In April 2022, a water plant engineer Rophus Mwachia from Kenya won 211,896.09 KES from a 24-leg accumulator bet of 93.02 KES. He was awarded another 700,000 KES to complete a water borehole for his struggling community. In the same fashion, David Kaberia of Kenya staked 27.91 KES on a 14-leg multiple bet, which landed him 109,150.76 KES thanks to a 55% bonus boost at betPawa — with additional 800,000 KES for this Mery County local to provide his community college with new furniture.
Since the 2022-23 Ghana Premier League season, the firm is its title sponsor — with the league named betPawa Premier League for marketing reasons.
Come to join betPawa easily online
With the company being available in lots of countries across Africa, no surprise that the question of how to create an account online is asked so often. That’s why the BetPawa registration and log in procedures are what we start with right here.
The basic way of opening an account with betPawa is through their official website. You will need a valid telephone number to become their customer and receive confirmation SMS. More info might be asked of you based on your country's laws.
To join betPawa, you must be 18 years old or over, except for Uganda (over 25 years old) and Cameroon (over 21 years old).
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to sign up for an account:
- Visit the international betpawa.com webpage and select your country to choose a local site. Alternatively, access your local website directly.
- Tap on JOIN NOW to open the registration form.
- Fill in all the required fields.
- Tick the terms and conditions box after reading and complying with the betPawa T&C in order to know your rights.
- Tap on JOIN NOW.
A one-time password will be sent to your mobile telephone number, required to verify your sign up with betPawa. Input it and tap on VERIFY ACCOUNT.
Your account number can then be found in your profile. Mind that your registered mobile phone number is used for identification.
Virtual account verification (KYC and AML)
As on any legit online sports betting site, after Bet Pawa join procedure has been completed, your betPawa account might become a subject to KYC (“Know Your Customer”) and AML (anti-money laundering). These procedures are paper checks that are called to verify your identity and your age as well as the ownership of the payment methods used to deposit money and withdraw.
At the time of writing, account verification was deactivated according to Rachel, the betPawa customer representative Takebet Philippines spoke to about the issue: “The KYC has been deactivated for now. You can request withdrawal to any bank account you want anytime you want. Please note that withdrawal may be delayed for 10 to 15 minutes, but we advise that you always check your account balance for your withdrawal.”
However, one should be wary that in case of large deposits and payouts, a bettor will probably have to pass KYC/AML as these procedures are imposed by the rules. You may not be able to withdraw right after your betPawa sign up and winning the first bet. For identification, the document required can either be your passport, an identification card or a driving license. They must be yours and be valid at the time of submission.
Residential address verification requires a scanned copy or a picture of one of these documents: a bank statement, a utility bill, a council tax bill, a mortgage statement or an admission letter. Make sure that the proof papers aren't older than three months.
You'll have to wait for confirmation after you submit the requested documents before you can withdraw any balance or even place new bets. Note that if your betPawa account KYC fails, the bookmaker has the right to retain any deposited balance.
Slim choice with gems: betPawa bonus offers and promos
At betPawa, there is no welcome bonus offered for sign up at all, so you don’t get anything upon your first deposit. To make up for this, betPawa offers their Pawa6 free bet jackpot and a win bonus on multi bets. The availability of these offers still depends on your country.
Pawa6 prediction game
In some countries of betPawa, customers can play a free-to-bet jackpot called Pawa6. It allows you to predict scores of football games and win bonuses.
Here is how to play the Pawa6 jackpot at betPawa:
- First complete your login to the bookmaker.
- Enter the current round of Pawa6 with six (6) football correct scores predictions. The bookie chooses the matches which bettors must predict.
- Get all six scores correctly to win the weekly jackpot in Pawa6!
The Pawa6 prize is fixed each round (as of July 2022):
- Uganda — 110,000,000 UGX
- Tanzania — 70,000,000 TZS
- Nigeria — 11,500,000 NGN
- Zambia — 545,000 ZMW
- Ghana — 175,000 GHS
- Kenya — 2,500,000 KES
- Rwanda — 25,500,000 RWF
- Cameroon — 13,500,000 XAF
- DR Congo — 50,000,000 CDF
Each week top 20 tipsters of Pawa6 get smaller money prizes other than the jackpot.
Boost your winnings: 500% bonus
There is a high bonus offered by this sports betting site to those who know how to win. Your accumulator (multi) bets count towards this promo, starting with threefolds. This bonus offer of betPawa recently doubled from a 250% increase to 500%. However, this percentage may differ depending on the country from where you play.
So how does this betting offer work? Easy: you bet as low as your minimum stake on an accumulator (also known as a multiple, a multi bet and a combo bet) with three (3) selections or more. The more legs you add to your acca, the bigger bonus you receive. Win 45 selections to get the betPawa win bonus boost!
Below is the table of legs and corresponding bonuses for multibets.
So as visible, this betPawa jackpot bonus starts from 3% for 3 legs won.
You get a bonus according to this betting offer if you win your accumulator. Mind that cancelled and postponed matches don’t count. When determining your win bonus, the bookmaker excludes the stake from the total payout, to get a clean profit.
Example of betPawa 500% win bonus settlement: if you are eligible for a total payout of 100 units of money from your 10 units stake, then 90 units is your clean profit (100 minus 10). Now imagine that you won yourself a 10% bonus. In this case, 9 units is your bonus, while the actual total payout including your initial stake will be 109 units.
Payment options assured by bookmaker
Funding your virtual account at betPawa is the step prior to staking, while getting paid out is an act of withdrawing your precious moneys from the online bookmaker.
The company tends to work with all the biggest mobile money operators in each country, while a payout is requested via either the same mobile money or to a bank.
Find methods of betPawa deposit and withdrawal based on the country below.
|Uganda||Airtel Money, Airtel (USSD), MTN (USSD)||Mobile money|
|Tanzania||M-Pesa (USSD), Tigo Pesa (USSD), Airtel (USSD), Halo Pesa (USSD)||Mobile money|
|Nigeria||Bank transfer, MTN Airtime||Bank transfer|
|Zambia||MTN MoMo, MTN (USSD), Airtel (USSD)||Mobile money|
|Ghana||MTN MoMo, Airteltigo Money, Vodafone Cash, MTN (USSD)||Mobile money|
|Kenya||M-Pesa, M-Pesa (USSD)||Mobile money|
|Rwanda||Airtel Money, MTN MoMo||Mobile money|
|Cameroon||Orange Money, MTN MoMo||Bank transfer|
|DR Congo||Orange Money, Vodacom||Bank transfer|
|Malawi||TNM Mpamba, Airtel Money||Mobile money|
Currency of account
The currency of your virtual account on the betPawa online sports betting site is based on the country you are in and the website version you are playing on:
- Uganda — Ugandan shilling (UGX)
- Tanzania — Tanzanian shilling (TZS)
- Nigeria — Nigerian naira (NGN)
- Zambia — Zambian kwacha (ZMW)
- Ghana — Ghanaian cedi (GHS)
- Kenya — Kenyan shilling (KES)
- Rwanda — Rwandan franc (RWF)
- Cameroon — Central African CFA franc (XAF)
- DR Congo — Congolese franc (CDF)
- Malawi — Malawian kwacha (MWK)
What are the methods of sending deposits to betPawa?
Now here you are, with your account created in betPawa. So how to deposit? As banking options differ from country to country, there can’t be a single instruction on making a payment — this largely depends on the country you are residing in.
Let’s review the options of deposit in betPawa in each country, in short! Read below for the options, the minimum deposit and withdrawal amounts, the maximum withdrawal and deposit limits, and the charges imposed on the payments.
The easiest way to pay betPawa online is through their official website: first complete your login in Uganda to access the bookie and waltz to your virtual account. There you have to enter the needed sum of money and tap on the DEPOSIT button. The only thing left is to complete the payment by approving the request via your phone!
Deposit through USSD with MTN MoMo and Airtel Money to betPawa in Uganda:
- Call *165# for MTN or *185# for Airtel in Uganda.
- Pick 4 (MTN) or 5 (Airtel) for payments.
- Pick 4 for “Goods and services” and input merchant code BETPAWA (MTN) or pick 3 for “Betting and Gaming” and then again “3” for “betPawa” (Airtel).
- Input payment reference PAWA (for both) and then the sum.
- Input your PIN for the respective mobile money wallet.
- Look out for the confirmation message with the transaction number.
The minimum deposit of betPawa in Uganda equals 500 UGX for USSD payments.
The maximum deposit is 5,000,000 UGX if you use Airtel Money online.
|Deposit (Uganda)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Airtel Money||500 UGX||5m UGX||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Airtel (USSD)||500 UGX||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
|MTN (USSD)||500 UGX||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
USSD deposits with Tanzanian mobile operators are available. This means that you don’t need to log in online to pay the bookie. For all four telecom payment providers, the Tanzanian paybill number for betPawa is 60124815.
Learn how to pay via USSD with M-Pesa and Tigo Pesa to betPawa in Tanzania:
- Ring *150*00# (M-Pesa) or *150*01# (Tigo Pesa).
- Pick 4 for “Pay by M-Pesa” or for “Pay Bill” (Tigo Pesa).
- Pick 4 for “Enter Business Number” (M-Pesa) or 3 for “Enter Business No” (Tigo Pesa).
- Enter 122122 first, and then enter 60124815 (for both).
- Input the sum and your PIN.
- Look out for the confirmation SMS.
Mind the fee of 30 TZS for amounts under 999 TZS with these two methods.
This is the way to deposit money through Airtel and Halo Pesa to betPawa Tanzania:
- Ring *150*60# (Airtel) or *150*88# (Halo Pesa).
- Pick 5 for “Make Payments” (Airtel) or for “Make Merchant” (Halo Pesa).
- Pick 1 for “Merchant Payments” and then again 1 for “Pay with Mastercard QR” (Airtel) or pick 3 for “Selcom Pay/Masterpass” (Halo Pesa).
- Enter 60124815, then the sum and the PIN (for both).
- Look out for the confirmation SMS.
These two methods are free of the bookie’s fee no matter the amount.
The minimum deposit in Tanzania is 100 TZS for every method betPawa provides
|Deposit (Tanzania)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|M-Pesa (USSD)||100 TZS||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Tigo Pesa (USSD)||100 TZS||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Airtel (USSD)||100 TZS||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Halo Pesa (USSD)||100 TZS||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
Nigerians are able to send bank transfers to this bookie, unlike most other countries.
This is how to deposit through a bank to betPawa in Nigeria:
- Log in to the betting website.
- Enter the money sum in your virtual account and press DEPOSIT.
- Pick the banking establishment and input your account number.
- Tap on VERIFY ACCOUNT and enter OTP code (if asked).
- Look out for your bank to okay the payment.
To pay the bookie with MTN Airtime, access the online sports betting site and log in. Find the link to the Airtime payment page in your account or in the “Help” section. There you will have to enter the needed sum and proceed while minding the fees.
There is a minimal deposit of 1,000 NGN for both methods in betPawa Nigeria.
|Deposit (Nigeria)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Bank transfer||1k NGN||N/A||Instant||N/A|
|MTN Airtime||1k NGN||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
In Zambia, you can pay online to betPawa with MTN Mobile Money or use USSD.
If you are wondering how to deposit with Zambian MTN MoMo, just access their official website and complete your login in Zambia. Input the sum of money and tap DEPOSIT. Look out for the confirmation message on your phone and approve the payment in order for the money to be credited to your wallet.
You will need the merchant code in Zambia — it is the very name of betPawa.
And here is how to use USSD for deposits in Zambia with Airtel and MTN:
- Ring *115#.
- Pick 4 for “Make Payment” (Airtel) or enter 00 and tap NEXT (MTN).
- Pick 6 for “Goods and Services”, then pick 1 for “Enter Merchant Code” and afterwards input the company name BETPAWA (Airtel) or pick 2 for “Betting and Lottery” and then again 2 for “betPawa” (MTN).
- Input the needed sum of money and then the reference name PAWA (Airtel) or pick 1 to confirm (MTN).
- Input your PIN to approve the payment.
- Look out for the confirmation message.
The minimum deposit is 1000 ZMW for Zambia. The maximum is 10,000 ZMW.
|Deposit (Zambia)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|MTN MoMo||1k ZMW||10k ZMW||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Airtel (USSD)||1k ZMW||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
|MTN (USSD)||1k ZMW||10k ZMW||Instant||Trans. fee|
For Ghana, there are online and USSD options of how to top up an account.
In order to do it via the betPawa website, sign in first. Then visit your virtual account and select one of the following telecom operators: Vodafone, MTN or Airteltigo. Input the sum of money you wish to send and tap DEPOSIT. Wait for the confirmation message on your phone and verify the payment to complete it.
And here is how to deposit money via MTN shortcode USSD to betPawa in Ghana:
- Ring *170# from your Ghanaian MTN mobile phone number.
- Pick 2 for “MoMo and Pay Bill” and then again 2 for “Pay Bills”.
- Pick 5 for “General Payment” and enter the business code name BETPAWA.
- Choose the sum of money and type PAWA as the reference name.
- Input the PIN.
- Wait for the confirmation message.
The minimum limit for deposits is 1 GHS in Ghana, with the 2000 GHS maximum.
|Deposit (Ghana)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|MTN MoMo||1 GHS||2k GHS||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Airteltigo Money||1 GHS||2k GHS||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Vodafone Cash||1 GHS||2k GHS||Instant||Trans. fee|
|MTN (USSD)||1 GHS||2k GHS||Instant||Trans. fee|
The only payment channel of the Kenyan betPawa is M-Pesa at the time of writing. However, an online sports bettor can use it both online and for a USSD deposit.
To make a deposit via M-Pesa online, log in via the Kenyan website version to access your betting account. There you pick the amount you are ready to pay and tap on DEPOSIT. Confirm the transaction — and you are all set to bet!
For the next method, remember the paybill number 290020 for betPawa in Kenya.
Follow these steps to pay money to the bookie in Kenya via M-Pesa USSD:
- Ring *334# or access the M-Pesa menu.
- Pick “Lipa na M-PESA” and then pick “Pay Bill”.
- Input the business code 290020 and then input the account name PAWA.
- Input the needed sum of money and then input the PIN.
- Watch out for the confirmation message.
The minimum deposit is 1 KES in Kenya. The maximum limit is 70,000 KES.
|Deposit (Kenya)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|M-Pesa||1 KES||70k KES||Instant||Trans. fee|
|M-Pesa USSD||1 KES||70k KES||Instant||Trans. fee|
All the Rwandan payment options are online, so you will need to sign in to the bookmaker to use them. Pay the bookie either with Airtel Money or MTN MoMo.
After you log in, proceed to your account and input the needed sum, after which press DEPOSIT. Complete the transaction by approving the request on your phone.
The minimum deposit on betPawa in Rwanda is 10 RWF for MTN and 100 RWF for Airtel. The deposit maximum for one-time payment equals 1,000,000 RWF.
|Deposit (Rwanda)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Airtel Money||100 RWF||1m RWF||Instant||Trans. fee|
|MTN MoMo||10 RWF||1m RWF||Instant||Trans. fee|
Online payments through Orange and MTN are available to customers of betPawa Cameroon. Log in first, then proceed to your account and pick the telco. Afterwards input the sum of money and tap DEPOSIT. Confirm the payment on your phone.
For both Orange Money and MTN MoMo in Cameroon, the minimum deposit is 1 XAF only. The maximum deposit a Cameroonian can make in betPawa equals 1,000,000 XAF as per the current terms and conditions of the bookmaker.
|Deposit (Cameroon)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Orange Money||1 XAF||500k XAF||Instant||Trans. fee|
|MTN MoMo||1 XAF||1m XAF||Instant||Trans. fee|
In DR Congo
A sports betting enthusiast can deposit to betPawa in DR Congo online via Vodacom and Orange, local telecom providers and their mobile payment systems.
For this, first access your sports betting account. Pick the mobile operator, input a sum of money to pay and push DEPOSIT. Confirm the operation on your phone.
The minimum deposit in the DRC varies: 10 CDF with Orange, 500 CDF with Vodacom. The maximum payment equals 1,000,000 CDF for Congolese bettors.
|Deposit (DR Congo)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Orange Money||10 CDF||1m CDF||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Vodacom||500 CDF||1m CDF||Instant||Trans. fee|
The bookie lets you deposit via the locally popular TNM Mpamba mobile money service and through Airtel Mobile Money. The minimum deposit for betPawa in Malawi is 50 MWK, while the maximum deposit limit is set at 750,000 MWK.
Follow this instruction in Malawi to fund the bookie via TNM and Airtel:
- Login on the Malawian version of the sportsbook.
- Proceed to deposits from the menu.
- Pick one of two mobile money providers.
- State the amount you want to transact.
- Hit DEPOSIT to confirm.
- Validate an approval request sent to the Malawian mobile phone number tied to your betting account and the chosen mobile money wallet.
The time it takes is usually a few minutes, e.g. instant.
|Deposit (Malawi)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|TNM Mpamba||50 MWK||750k MWK||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Airtel Money||50 MWK||750k MWK||Instant||Trans. fee|
Our experience of money withdrawals from betPawa
This online bookmaker offers withdrawal online either to mobile money wallets or via a bank transfer depending on the country where the customer resides. The BetPawa withdrawal rules stipulate that a bettor can withdraw whenever he likes starting with a minimum amount stated below, but may be asked to pass KYC/AML.
In the following African countries, clients can withdraw from betPawa to mobile wallets: Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda and Malawi. Here is how:
- Log in to the official website and proceed to the “Withdrawal” page.
- Input your personal and financial information (if asked).
- Input the amount needed and tap REQUEST WITHDRAWAL.
In Nigeria, Cameroon and DR Congo, the company offers a bank transfer. Here is how to withdraw money via a banking payment system from the site of betPawa:
- Log in to the official website and proceed to the “Withdrawal” page.
- Select the bank you wish to withdraw to.
- Input any credentials needed, e.g. your banking account number and location.
- Input the sum of money you need to get and tap REQUEST WITHDRAWAL.
Typically, bank and mobile money withdrawals from betPawa are processed in 15 minutes by the bookie. It may also take additional processing by your bank.
|Withdrawal by country||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Uganda||1k UGX||Vary||<15 minutes||N/A|
|Tanzania||1k TZS||Vary||<15 minutes||N/A|
|Nigeria||1k NGN||1m NGN||<15 minutes||N/A|
|Zambia||1 ZMW||Vary||<15 minutes||N/A|
|Ghana||2 GHS||Vary||<15 minutes||N/A|
|Kenya||100 KES||Vary||<15 minutes||N/A|
|Rwanda||100 RWF||1m RWF||<15 minutes||N/A|
|Cameroon||1 XAF||500k XAF (Orange)1m XAF (MTN)||<15 minutes||N/A|
|DR Congo||500 CDF||1m CDF||<15 minutes||N/A|
|Malawi||50 MWK||Vary||<15 minutes||N/A|
Guide on all betting options and their usage
This online bookmaker has limited sports for wagering with only a few most popular, but on the other hand there are virtual sports and games such as slots. The amount of betting markets is average, but the most popular bets are offered for sure.
The odds are average to low, with a margin of around 5% on top football.
The minimum stake fixed by betPawa differs based on the country:
- Uganda — 1 UGX
- Tanzania — 1 TZS
- Nigeria — 1 NGN
- Zambia — 0.01 ZMW
- Ghana — 0.01 GHS
- Kenya — 1 KES
- Rwanda — 1 RWF
- Cameroon — 1 XAF
- DR Congo — 1 CDF
- Malawi — 1 MWK
Their minimum stake is one of the lowest out there and is great for newbies.
The maximum stake differs based on the event you are betting on and the chosen bet, while also on the country and the currency.
Below are the maximum winnings from a single bet at betPawa:
- Uganda — 4,000,000 UGX
- Tanzania — 2,500,000 TZS
- Nigeria — 400,000 NGN
- Zambia — 13,000 ZMW
- Ghana — 5,500 GHS
- Kenya — 100,000 KES
- Rwanda — 1,000,000 RWF
- Cameroon — 600,000 XAF
- DR Congo — 2,000,000 CDF
- Malawi — 800,000 MWK
And here is the maximum winning limit from a multi-match bet (excluding bonus):
- Uganda — 130,000,000 UGX
- Tanzania — 80,000,000 TZS
- Nigeria — 13,500,000 NGN
- Zambia — 450,000 ZMW
- Ghana — 190,000 GHS
- Kenya — 3,600,000 KES
- Rwanda — 35,000,000 RWF
- Cameroon — 20,000,000 XAF
- DR Congo — 70,000,000 CDF
- Malawi — 30,000,000 MWK
On betPawa, the time a payout takes for pending bets is minutes if the match in question was finished as planned and there are no issues with your wager. However, the bookmaker settles open wagers based on the official results. So your pick may stay in pending bets for a time longer than expected, until the results are ou
Placing an online bet with betPawa: on sports and virtuals
One can make predictions for football and more sports either through the website on mobile and desktop or using the application. Read below for instructions.
Understand how to play betPawa in a few simple steps:
- Visit the website or the app and log in.
- Pick the sport from the menu (such as football).
- Tap on the event you wish to wager on.
- Tap on the odds of the desired bet to enter it into the bet slip.
- Check out your coupon and state how much you want to stake.
- Tap on PLACE BET when you are all set.
If you want to bet multiples, just add more selections to your bet slip. The maximum allowed number of legs (e.g. matches) in an accumulator is 45 at this sportsbook.
Virtual sports are also open for gambling. Here is how to bet on virtuals:
- Pick “Virtual Sports” from the menu.
- Pick one of the virtual leagues: English, Spanish, French, Italian or German.
- Choose a virtual game and pick a 1x2 outcome.
- Enter the amount you want to stake to the bet slip.
- Tap on PLACE BET.
If you want to do a coupon check for placed bets, visit your betPawa betting account.
Selection of sporting disciplines and tournaments
There are only three sports on betPawa:
You pick sports by selecting a particular one in the menu.
With the choice of sporting disciplines being extremely slim, there is a fine coverage of tournaments you can bet on here. The UEFA Champions League and the Europa League, the English Premier League, La Liga Primera, German Bundesliga 1, Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1, the MLS are to be found among the very top competitions.
Tens of countries and tournaments in Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas are offered. Bet on clashes of African football clubs and of national teams!
Basketball tournaments are also present in a normal quantity: the NBA is accompanied by European, South American, Asian and African competitions. The internationals are present such as the FIBA Basketball World Cup and Euroleague.
Tennis is also well represented with ATP and WTA 1000, 500 and 250 series, Challenger and, for sure, the Australian Open, the French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open. At the time of writing Takebet Philippines hasn’t found ITF tournaments.
Most popular bets and other betting markets
The assortment of wagers is average, with all the popular bets present. You can find a 2 way handicap alongside outcome picks. Top football bets at betPawa include:
- 1x2 (match and by half)
- Double chance (match and by half)
- Over/Under goals (match and by half)
- Exact match goal totals
- Draw no bet
- 2- and 3-way handicaps
- Both teams to score
- Clean sheet and win to nil
- Half time/Full time
- Odd/even score
- Correct score
Combo singles such as 1x2 plus BTTS are also among the most popular bets. At the time of writing, we couldn’t find bets on statistics such as cards and goalscorer picks.
Basketball provides punters with scarce betting options. One can wager on moneyline (1x2) in a match, a half or a quarter and bet on half time 1x2. O/U point totals in a match, a half and a quarter alongside handicaps are offered. That’s it.
In tennis, the assortment is rather small with only 1x2, totals (O/U and exact) alongside handicaps. Here Takebet Philippines also missed prop bets on statistics.
How do odds pay out at betPawa?
This sportsbook offers low odds to its customers.
The margins start at around 4-4.5% for top football matches and most popular betting markets such as 1x2, while reaching the level of around 9% for other events.
|Football||Premier League||Chelsea vs Crystal Palace||1.21||6.75||13.50||4.8%|
|Basketball||NBA||Bucks vs Suns||1.45||-||2.60||7.4%|
|Tennis||ATP Amersfoort||Djere vs Rublev||2.75||-||1.39||8.3%|
Platform for live bets
This bookmaker provides its users with an in-play section. Punters can wager on events as they occur in all three sports available — football, basketball and tennis.
Using the live betting product of betPawa for football, you can wager on:
- 1x2 (full time)
- Over/Under (full time)
- Correct score (full time)
- Draw no bet
- Total goals exact
- 3-way handicap
You can also place accumulators on live events with this online sports betting site.
Steps of using cashout
The gambling company allows punters to cash out bets early on, prior to the conclusion of an event you have a bet on, and collect winnings or cap losses.
The cash out feature of betPawa works for the following markets:
- Double chance
- Over/Under (full time)
- Half time/Full time
- 3-way handicap (full time)
- Both teams to score
Their cashout covers most major events in football, basketball and tennis.
Here is how to cash out at this bookie:
- Log in to your account with betPawa.
- Tap MENU and then access your bets.
- Click a wager and pick REQUEST CASHOUT.
- Check out current and available amounts for cashing out. You will have 15 seconds to accept the offer. Otherwise, you will have to request a new one.
- Tap CONFIRM.
The cashed out money should be credited to your account in a blink of an eye.
Playing non-sport games: slots and more
The company is a proper gambling establishment: there are games to play on betPawa! However, in Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda, DR Congo and Malawi there are none.
At the time of writing this review, betPawa offered the following virtual games:
- Wheel of Luck
- Trafrica (slots)
- Lucky Roulette
- Sky Keno
- Jacks or Better (table)
- Fortune Miner
- Sweet Candy 6
As visible, the choice is scarce, still it is enough to get your mind off sports betting.
Testing jackpot games
Whenever you feel like you want a bigger fish to fry, the famous betPawa jackpot is what you want! At the time of writing the review, this game was available in all countries of service except for Rwanda and DR Congo. However, this may change.
There are five jackpot games on offer:
- Pick20 (statistics)
- Pick17 (1x2)
- Pick15 (teams to score)
- Pick13 (1x2)
- Pick10 (statistics)
To participate, you pay for a ticket. There is a basic price for a ticket, set separately for each country. It is paid if only one outcome is picked for each match.
The basic ticket price for each jackpot pool is:
- Uganda — 100 UGX
- Tanzania — 100 TZS
- Nigeria — 10 NGN
- Zambia — 0.50 ZMW
- Ghana — 0.25 GHS
- Kenya — 5 KES
- Cameroon — 25 XAF
If you choose more than one outcome for a single event, then you pay a higher price. Each additional combination is adding another fixed ticket price to what you pay. For example, if in one of the jackpot matches you pick two outcomes simultaneously instead of one, then you will pay for two tickets as you pick two combinations.
So how to win a jackpot in betPawa? Let’s review each of these games in short.
Pick17 Jackpot (1x2)
One of the most high-paying, this game dares you to guess a total of 17 outcomes in the given matches. To get the jackpot or at least share it with another lucky guy, you have to predict all 17 games correctly. Comforting prizes are given for 16, 15, 14 and 13 results guessed correctly. These prizes may vary each new round.
The bonus for Pick 17 (as of July 2022):
- Uganda — 200,000,000 UGX
- Tanzania — 200,000,000 TZS
- Nigeria — 20,000,000 NGN
- Zambia — 1,000,000 ZMW
- Ghana — 1,000,000 GHS
- Kenya — 5,000,000 KES
- Cameroon — 30,000,000 XAF
Pick15 Jackpot (teams to score)
One that is different, the Pick15 Jackpot from betPawa lets you guess if the teams will score and how many teams will. The options are: no goals, one to score and both to score. Consolation prizes are given for 14 and 13 correct predictions.
The bonus for Pick 15 (as of July 2022)
- Uganda — 10,000,000 UGX
- Tanzania — 10,000,000 TZS
- Nigeria — 1,000,000 NGN
- Zambia — 75,000 ZMW
- Ghana — 25,000 GHS
- Kenya — 400,000 KES
Pick13 Jackpot (1x2)
One of those pools lower on risk, this jackpot offers you to pick the outcomes of 13 football matches. To win the jackpot or share it with someone, you must get all 13 outcomes right. There are comforting prizes for 12, 11 and 10 correct picks.
The jackpot prize for Pick 13 (as of June 2022):
- Uganda — 10,000,000 UGX
- Tanzania — 10,000,000 TZS
- Nigeria — 1,000,000 NGN
- Zambia — 100,000 ZMW
- Ghana — 50,000 GHS
- Kenya — 1,000,000 KES
- Cameroon — 1,500,000 XAF
More info on jackpots
Want to know how to win a jackpot? Mind these main options and rules of betPawa:
- Rarely punters can play Pick20 and Pick10, in which you predict the statistics of football matches. For the Pick20 pool, prizes start at 16 correct picks.
- Jackpot rollover may be used at the discretion of the company, in which case the jackpots of past weeks which were not given away are accumulated.
- Punters have until the kick-off of the first match to submit their predictions.
- Only regulation time for each fixture is taken into account plus added minutes of both halves. No extra halves or penalty shootouts are included.
- If a match is postponed, the online bookmaker may wait for a maximum of 24 hours before applying the result of the game above on the list — to this very match. However, the jackpot is cancelled if over 50% of games go this way.
- Use the “Lucky Dip” feature from time to time: it chooses a random combination of outcomes and lets you get your mind off things.
- To check how much is the jackpot this week, just visit the website of betPawa!
Getting betPawa app for Android downloaded
There is a new betPawa mobile app for Android, but no iPhone application.
Follow next three steps to download their Android app:
- Visit the bookie’s website and proceed to the “About” page.
- Tap GET THE BETPAWA APP. You will get to the special page, where you will need to tap again on the DOWNLOAD app link to get theirAPK.
- Install the app for Android after the download is complete.
The size of the application is 2.5 MB and it works for Android 4.4 or newer.
Can’t download? It happens. The company advises to go to your settings and allow downloads from unknown sources. This just might fix the issue for you!
First-hand experience of betting website usage
Safe to say that this online sports betting site offers a simple but enjoyable experience with its easy-to-navigate and uncluttered platform. It is modern too!
There is a desktop version and a mobile website for smartphones.
The site design is sleek, with white background and black text alongside some colour inclusions — mostly green as it is their brand colour. The desktop menu is on the left, where you can pick a sport — and then see all available countries/tournaments.
There is also a search bar at the top which can be used to find a particular event.
By clicking on a competition, you move to all the matches where you can pick a bet — for this just click on the corresponding odds. The bet slip will appear on the right.
On the left-hand side you will also find secondary sections and products:
- Live now: fixtures with in-play betting right now.
- Upcoming: prematch events soon to start.
- Virtual sports: fast bets on virtual football, basketball and tennis.
- Pawa6: a freebet jackpot prediction game.
- Jackpot: currently available jackpot games and the archive of results.
- Games: slots, roulette, Keno, table games and more.
- Popular: top matches for prematch betting now.
Note that some sections may be unavailable at times or in some countries.
Overview of mobile site
Punters can access their virtual account on any smartphone or tablet.
The address is the same as for the computer version. Access the website and first tap on MENU. In the drop-down choose either to log in or register. The options of paying a deposit as well as withdrawing money are also hidden in this menu.
On the main page, you will see the list of prematch and live football matches alongside odds for 1x2 in all of these games. Tap on a match to access all bets.
Want more? Hit SPORT in the top-left corner for another drop-down menu. Here one can choose sports to place bets on. The list of countries and tournaments below will adjust accordingly. Also in this menu you will find the live section, the sections with upcoming and popular events, virtual sports, access to Pawa6, jackpots and games.
As being insanely popular, their jackpots and virtual games can also be accessed from the header of the website as well as the main page of the bookie.
To access your bet slip, tap on the corresponding icon in the top-right corner.
This is basically all! A bettor can also use search — for this, tap on the loupe icon.
Contacting customer support
The company is ready to help its current and potential customers via 24/7 support.
One option is to request a call on their website: response is promised within 15 minutes. The live chat on betPawa was sadly not available at the time of writing.
|Contacts by country||Phone||Messenger|
|DR Congo||+243852206221 (Orange), +243830003003 (Vodacom)||firstname.lastname@example.org||N/A|
|Malawi||+265 880 349 094 (TNM), +265 880 349 094 (Airtel)||email@example.com||+265 885 282 814 (Whatsapp)|
5 things about betPawa you should know before betting
There are few interesting and useful things that you should learn about betPawa:
- The company was established in 2014 by foreign tech leaders as a solely African bookmaker targeting countries across the whole continent. The bookie operates in nine African states as of July 2022 and is expanding.
- There is a huge 500% win bonus for accumulators starting with three legs.
- There is a free-to-play jackpot game Pawa6 with huge prizes. In most of the countries the bookie also provides paid jackpots with even bigger prizes.
- Virtual sports and, in some countries, slots and roulette are on offer.
- As a part of its “Win BIG, Give Back” charity campaign, betPawa awarded hundreds of thousands of additional winnings to people willing to help their local African communities: for example, in April 2022 Rophus Mwachia — a Kenyan water plant engineer — was awarded 700,000 KES on top of his 211,896.09 KES winning from a 24-leg accumulator. He promised to complete a water borehole for his village — and delivered the water supply as due.
There are enough positives about betPawa. First of all, it lets you start small — the minimum stake is tiny. The website is simple and intuitive, there are only top sports and the most popular bets to choose from, plus jackpots (including one free-to-play).
As newbie bettors love accumulators, the only bonus betPawa offers is a win bonus — up to 500% on top of your winning multiples. What’s more? A cash out. Also, they let you bet on virtual football and, in some countries, on games: slots, roulette, etc.
One can as well enjoy live betting to gamble when matches are ongoing.
There is also a new app, an Android one, you can download from the betPawa site.
The disadvantages are pretty fundamental and will be spotted by more experienced bettors. The choice of sports is one of the most scarce in the business — only football, tennis and basketball. And while there are enough competitions to call their choice normal, the diversity of bets is average in football and low in other sports.
While there are virtuals, only football was on offer at the time of writing this review.
There is no live broadcasting of sports and no iPhone betting app. There is no live chat with specialists, and messengers are available only in a few countries.
Also, Takebet Philippines hasn’t discovered a website for old mobile feature phones.
Conclusions about the bookmaker
To conclude our betPawa review, at Takebet Philippines we call this sports betting site the perfect African bookie for newbies. Why? It offers all that makes betting fun, creates a core of it and removes everything else. This simplicity, which also transitioned to their website design, makes it insanely popular. This is the place to start, but while gaining experience in betting, you might feel that you are lacking more and more.
Share your thoughts!
betPawa player reviews 0