2023 Australian Open: Karen Khachanov vs Sebastian Korda prediction and betting tips (January 24)
Sebastian Korda has won eight of the last nine matches and has won at least a set in 10 matches in a row. Will he defeat Karen Khachanov to qualify for the next stage?
Karen Khachanov has won seven of the last nine matches
Karen Khachanov has won seven of the last nine matches

The Karen Khachanov vs Sebastian Korda fixture in the 2023 Australian Open will take place on Tuesday, January 24, 2023, starting at 3:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.

Latest odds on betting sites

Karen Khachanov is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 43%. Sebastian Korda has an odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to qualify for the next stage. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 57%.

The latest odds for Karen Khachanov vs Sebastian Korda (January 24, 2023):

  • Over 39.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Under 39.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Korda — 2.40 (+140; 7/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Khachanov — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) games on Korda —1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) games on Khachanov — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)

Match preview and statistics

Karen Khachanov has won seven of the last nine matches. He was defeated by Daniil Medvedev (3-6, 3-6) in the quarter-final of the 2023 ATP Adelaide and by Jack Draper (4-6, 6-7) in the quarter-final of the 2023 ATP Adelaide 2.

In the 2023 AO, he met only two potent rivals. In the Round of 32, Karen Khachanov defeated Frances Tiafoe (6-3, 6-4, 3-6, 7-6). Despite the result, Tiafoe was close to defeating his rival. They won 52% and 48% of the points. Khachanov converted three out of 10 break points, whereas Tiafoe received 14 break point opportunities, but was lucky to convert only three of them.

In the last game, he absolutely destroyed Yoshihito Nishioka (6-0, 6-0, 7-6). In the first two sets, he smashed the Japanese tennis player. Karen Khachanov did not give his rival break point opportunities in these two sets and won 80% of all points. The last set was incredibly close, but Khachanov won it in tie-breaks.

A total of under 4.5 sets has played out in all matches with Karen Khachanov participating in this tournament. The exact total comes with the odds of 1.40 (-250; 2/5) this time.

Sebastian Korda’s end of the previous season was nice. He reached the final of the 2022 ATP Gijon, where was defeated by Andrey Rublev and qualified for the final of the 2022 ATP Antwerpen.

The American tennis player created a sensation in Round 3 of the 2023 Australian Open. He eliminated Daniil Medvedev (7-6, 6-3, 7-6). He showed his best in this match. Sebastian Korda received 10 break point opportunities in this match and converted five of them. The players were incredibly close by points. Korda and Medvedev won 51% and 49% of the points in this fixture.

In the most recent game, Sebastian Korda was lucky to beat Hubert Hurkacz (3-6, 6-3, 6-2, 1-6, 7-6). There was not a single favorite after the first four sets. The tennis players showed equal play in these sets and the last one was a decisive one. The Polish tennis player had two break points in the 11th game but did not convert them. Hurkacz came back after a 3-7 score in the tie-breaks, but Korda finally finished the match winning three next points in a row.

Sebastian Korda’s first-serve winning percentage has been under 61.5% in five of the last seven matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20).

Karen Khachanov vs Sebastian Korda H2H

Sebastian Korda has won all two matches against Karen Khachanov in the 2022 season. In the most recent game, Korda eliminated Khachanov (7-5, 7-6) in the 1/8 finals of the 2022 ATP Antwerpen.

Prediction and betting tips

Sebastian Korda eliminated the seventh-seeded player Daniil Medvedev in Round 3. Also, he defeated Huber Hurkacz in the most recent game. He has won two out of three H2H fixtures against Karen Khachanov with all to nil and finished the 2022 season perfectly with two finals in the last two tournaments.

Karen Khachanov started the 2023 season well. He has won seven of the last nine matches, but he has met only two rivals from the top 30 ATP and lost one of these fixtures. He is in good condition, but I believe that Sevastian Korda will be a bit stronger this time because his recent play was a bit better.

Betting prediction: Sebastian Korda to win

Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractions)

TennisAustralian Open 2022. Quarter-final
Karen Khachanov — Sebastian Korda
Sebastian Korda to win
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!