The Australia vs Argentina quarter-final match will take place on Tuesday, 3 August 2021, at the Saitama Super Arena, Tokyo, Japan. Fixture will start at noon by GMT. Australia vs Argentina (August 3) prediction and betting tips are here for you to read and wager with them!
Australia vs Argentina Olympic basketball latest odds on betting sites
Expectedly, Australia is the favourite in the first stage of the playoffs. The Australians to win are priced with the odds of 1.25 (-400 American; 1/4 Fractional), which equals an approximate probability of 80%. The Argentina Olympic basketball team to qualify for the semis comes with the odds of 4.20 (+320; 16/5). Their chances are around 20%.
Below are the latest odds for Australia vs Argentina big betting markets.
Over/Under points total:
- Over 171.5 points — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 171.5 points — 1.85 (-118; 17/20)
- Australia (-8.5) — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Argentina (+8.5) — 1.85 (-118; 17/20)
The player picks odds:
- Over 16.5 points by Luka Doncic — 1.85 (-118; 17/20)
- Under 16.5 points by Luka Doncic — 1.85 (-118; 17/20)
- Over 22.5 points by Patty Mills — 1.85 (-118; 17/20)
- Under 22.5 points by Patty Mills — 1.85 (-118; 17/20)
Australia vs Argentina basketball match preview and stats
The Australia Olympic basketball team has performed at the top-level by now. The Boomers topped Group B with 3 victories. They have a streak of 8 wins in a row now. The results and rivals of Australia were as follows: Nigeria (84-67), Italy (86-83), Germany (89-76).
Australia looked solid in its past fixtures against Argentina as well. Their accuracy equaled 51% in their last 5 head-to-head matches, whereas the same ratio at the 2021 Olympics was equal to 46%. Defence is reliable too: the Australians have completed 35 defensive actions
The Boomers have scored 89 points or less in 6 of their last 7 fixtures. Australia to score less than 90 points in the next game is priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10).
The Argentina Olympic basketball team finished their group third, but topped the list of the 3rd-placed squads. Their performance was not confident. There were 2 losses and 1 victory. The results and rivals of the Argentine Soul in the group stage were as follows: Slovenia (100-118), Spain (71-81), Japan (97-77).
Argentina showed mid-level attack skills at the 2021 Olympics. There were 94 successful actions — 34 rebounds and 60 assists. Accuracy was not prolific. It was equal to 44%, only.
The Argentines have scored 84 or more points in 4 of their last 6 matches. The same outcome in the next fixture is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10).
Australia vs Argentina Olympic basketball key players and lineups
Australia Olympic projected lineup:
- Point guard: Mattew Dellavedova
- Shooting guard: Patty Mills
- Small forward: Joe Ingles
- Power forward: Nick Kay
- Center: Jock Landale
Patty Mills, after an incredible season with the San Antonio Spurs, has shown high-level play in the group stage of the 2021 Olympics. There were 21.7 points and 5.7 assists per game scored by him on average in Tokyo.
Argentina Olympic projected lineup:
- Point guard: Faccudo Campazzo
- Shooting guard: Maximo Fjellerup
- Small forward: Patricio Garino
- Power forward: Luis Scola
- Center: Marcos Delia
Luis Scola is the best forward of the Argentine squad. He carried the fixture against Japan, which he finished with 23 points and 10 rebounds.
Australia vs Argentina Olympic basketball betting tips and prediction
These teams had 6 H2H fixtures, and both won an equal number of times. All wins by Australia finished in a very close score, with the largest difference being 3 points.
Australia is much stronger now, but I believe that we will see one more close head-to-head.
Betting prediction: Argentina — (+7.5) points spread
Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)