Olympic basketball 2021: France vs Slovenia prediction and betting tips (August 5)
Both teams haven't lost a match at the 2021 Olympics.
Luca Doncic, the top-scorer of the Slovenia Olympic basketball team
Luca Doncic, the top-scorer of the Slovenia Olympic basketball team
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The match France vs Slovenia will take place on Thursday, 5 August 2021, starting at 11:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Saitama Super Arena in Tokyo, Japan.

Latest odds on betting sites

The teams are approximately equal, but Slovenia was named the favourite of this semi-final match. Slovenia to win over their next rival is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133 America; 3/4 Fractional), with chances being around 57%. France continuing their streak of victories comes with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5). Chances of this outcome are around 43%.

Below are the latest odds for the main France vs Slovenia betting markets.

Over/Under points total:

  • Over 174.5 points β€” 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 174.5 points β€” 1.95 (-105; 19/20)

Points spread:

  • France (+2.5) β€” 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Slovenia (-2.5) β€” 1.90 (-111; 9/10)

The player picks odds:

  • Over 21.5 points by Evan Fournier β€” 1.85 (-118; 17/20)
  • Under 21.5 points by Evan Fournier β€” 1.85 (-118; 17/20)
  • Over 28.5 points by Luka Doncic β€” 1.85 (-118; 17/20)
  • Under 28.5 points by Luka Doncic β€” 1.85 (-118; 17/20)

Match preview and stats

The France Olympic basketball team made a sensational run in the group stage, where they won over the USA (83-76). Afterwards they topped Czech Republic (97-77) and Iran (79-62) to qualify for the playoffs, where they have already beaten Italy (84-75).

The Blues had problems in defence against Slovenia. They have completed 8 defensive actions per game on average. Also, they have completed 32 actions on average in attack, but the accuracy was equal to 44%

France has scored 82 points or less in 7 of their last 8 H2H fixtures against Slovenia. The odds of Frenchmen to score under 82 points in the semi-final are 2.40 (+140; 7/5).

The Slovenia Olympic basketball team showed solid performance in its group. They won over Argentina (118-100), Japan (116-81) and Spain (95-87). This success let them play against Germany (94-70) in the quarter-final.

Aleksander Sekulic’s men have a good record playing against France. They have had an accuracy of 48% on average in H2H matches, but have completed only 23.5 actions in attack on average. The same ratio at the 2021 Olympics has been equal to 36.75.

Slovenia has scored 105.8 points per game on average at the 2021 Olympics. Also, they have scored 94 points or more in the last 10 matches. This outcome in their next fixture comes with the odds of 2.80 (+180; 9/5).

Key players and lineups

France projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Andrew Albicy
  • Shooting guard: Evan Fournier
  • Small forward: Nicola Batum
  • Power forward: Guerschon Yabusele
  • Center: Rudy Gobert

Evan Fournier carried each game at the 2021 Olympics. He scored 21 points, made 3 rebounds and 4 assists. Also, Evan shined against the USA. He finished that fixture with 28 points, 4 rebounds and an assist.

Slovenia Olympic projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Aleksei Nikolic
  • Shooting guard: Klemen Prepelic
  • Small forward: Vlatko Cancar
  • Power forward: Luka Doncic
  • Center: Mike Tobey

Luca Doncic is the top-scorer for the Slovenia Olympic basketball team. He scored 105 points, made 10 rebounds and 32 assists at the 2021 Olympics.

Betting tips and prediction

Slovenia has a streak of 10 victories in a row. They have won over France in 3 of their last 5 H2H fixtures. Slovenia has been powerfull in this event and I believe they will win over France. The Blues have scored 84 points or less in the last 9 games. Besides, France has scored 82 points or less in 7 of their last 8 H2H fixtures against Slovenia. I believe we will see a total under 84.5 points by France in this fixture.

Betting prediction: Slovenia to win

Odds: 1.75 (-133 America; 3/4 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Under 184.5 points

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)

Basketball. Men. Semi-finals
France β€” Slovenia
Under 184.5 points
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!