Olympic basketball 2021: France vs USA prediction and betting tips (July 25)
The USA basketball Olympics team is a skull-crushing favourite to beat France, the second strongest squad of Group A according to international betting sites.
Rudy Gobert is key to any French tactics
Rudy Gobert is key to any French tactics
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

In spite of the last performances by the USA Olympic basketball team being unsure, they are crushing favourites to beat France in the first round of the group stage at the Tokyo 2021 Olympics.

The fixture will take place on 25 July 2021 at Saitama Super Arena, Tokyo, Japan. Starting time is at noon by GMT+0. France vs USA (July 25) betting tips and prediction are below, as well as the betting odds

France vs USA Olympic basketball latest odds on betting sites

The USA basketball Olympics team is the overall favourite of the tournament, as well as of this match. The betting sites price the US victory over The Blues with the odds of 1.10 (-667 American; 3/20 Fractional). This equals an approximate probability of 85%. While they are thought to be the second strongest team in Group A, France is unlikely to win the game. This outcome comes with the odds of 6.50 (+550; 13/2), so the chances are around 15%.

Below are the latest odds for other France vs USA Olympic big betting markets.

Over/Under points total:

  • Over 175.5 points — 1.91 (-110; 10/11)
  • Under 175.5 points — 1.91 (-110; 10/11)

Points spread:

  • USA (-12.5) — 1.91 (-110; 10/11)
  • France (+12.5) — 1.91 (-110; 10/11)

France vs USA Olympic basketball match preview and stats

France seemed not confident in their last fixtures. They have lost 4 of their last 5 games, with their opponents being far from the top teams list, apart from Spain. For instance, France lost against Japan (75-81) and Great Britain (73-94). They won over Montenegro (73-71) only, with a point difference almost as small as it could get.

There are many NBA players and performers from the top Euroleague clubs, which make this roster strong with their individual skills, on paper. Whereas their coach Vincent Collet, who has been in this position for 12 years by now, hasn’t shown high results. His spell may be closing to an end. I think the team has tactical troubles that stop them from doing better.

The USA Olympic basketball team is much stronger. They have top players like Kevin Durant and Damien Lillard, as well as an experienced coach. Gregg Popovich’s men are the absolute favourites of the 2021 Olympics. They won the previous 3 Olympic Games and haven’t lost a single fixture, including pre-Olympics friendlies before those tournaments. This time they have lost 2 of their last 4 matches, which is a bad result for this team. In spite of this, the USA basketball Olympics team keeps being the strongest side, and is much better than the France basketball Olympics team.

France vs USA Olympic basketball key players and lineups

Bradley Beal and Kevin Love will not feature in this match: they were replaced due to injuries and illness by Keldon Johnson and JaVale McGee.

France projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Andrew Albicy
  • Shooting guard: Evan Fournier
  • Small forward: Nicola Batum
  • Power forward: Guerschon Yabusele
  • Center: Rudy Gobert

The French center-player Rudy Gobert has received the NBA defensive player of the year title in 3 of the last 4 seasons. He is the best defender at the moment and will be the only hope of keeping the USA squad at bay for France.

USA projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Damien Lillard
  • Shooting guard: Keldon Johnson
  • Small forward: Kevin Durant
  • Power forward: Draymond Green
  • Center: JaVale McGee

Damien Lillard had a perfect NBA season. He is the second top scorer and the third in the points per match. Lillard is irreplaceable and is sure to cause trouble for French defence.

France vs USA Olympic basketball betting tips and prediction

The USA Olympic basketball team have seen a total of points under 177.5 in 15 of their last 16 fixtures, as well as in 3 of their 4 matches against France. Bradley Beal, who is one of the key shooters for the USA, will skip this match. This is sure to affect the final score.

Bet: Under 177.5 points total

Odds: 1.91 (-110 American; 11/10 Fractional)

France is not in their best condition and is not ready to beat the USA basketball Olympics team. I strongly believe Gregg Popovich’s men will sweep them with a big score difference.

Bet: USA (-12.5) spread

Odds: 1.91 (-110 American; 10/11 Fractional)

Basketball Olympic Basketball . Group A. Round 1
France — USA
Won
Under 177.5 points total
1.91
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!