Olympic basketball 2021: USA vs Czech Republic prediction and betting tips (July 31)
Chances of the USA winning over the Czech equal around 95%, and the Americans need this win to qualify for the Olympic knockouts.
International betting sites are all for the USA win
International betting sites are all for the USA win
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

Both the USA and Czech Republic won over Iran and lost against the French Olympic team. They have 3 points each and will decide who takes the 2nd place in Group A.

The USA vs Czech Republic match starts at noon GMT, on 31 July 2021, at the Saitama Super Arena in Tokyo, Japan. You will find United States vs Czech Republic (July 31) prediction and Olympic match betting tips further below.

USA vs Czech Republic Olympic basketball (July 31) latest odds on betting sites

The USA, which is the best in the FIBA World Ranking, is the favourite of the fixture. The United States to win over Czech Republic is priced with the odds of 1.05 (-2000 American; 1/20 Fractional), which equals an approximate probability of 95%. Czech Republic’s triumph comes with the odds of 16.00 (+1500; 16/1), and chances of around 5%.

Below are the latest odds for other United States vs Czech Republic betting markets.

Over/Under points total:

  • Over 182.5 points — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Under 182.5 points — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)

Points spread:

  • United States (-22.5) — 1.92 (-109; 23/25)
  • Czech Republic (+22.5) — 1.85 (-118; 17/20)

USA vs Czech Republic Olympic basketball (July 31) match preview and stats

The United States Olympic basketball team, after a disastrous performance against France (76-83), easily beat their next rival Iran (120-66). That defeat was the first for the USA in the last 5 Olympics. They have 3 points at the moment and may not qualify for the next stage if they do not win the last group match.

The USA has mid-level stats at this tournament. They score 98 points per game on average, but their average accuracy is not high and equals approximately 45%. They were good in the defence, with 32 successful defensive actions in these matches — 18 interceptions and 14 block shots. This is the highest ratio in their group.

The United States basketball team has had a total of under 178.5 points in 11 of their last 13 matches. The same result happened in the single H2H match between USA and Czech Republic. Under 178.5 points total in the next match is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10)

Czech Republic Olympic basketball team won over Iran (84-78) in the first round, but was defeated by France (97-77) afterwards.

Czech Republic scores only 80.5 PPG, but its accuracy is higher than that of the USA at the 2021 Olympics. They finished 48% of their shots successfully. Their defence was not so confident: we saw 28 successful defensive actions by them.

The Czech have scored 77 or more points in the last 5 matches. This outcome in their fixture against the USA is priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200; 1/2).

USA vs Czech Republic Olympic basketball (July 31) key players and lineups

All players from both sides can continue performing in the group stage with no injuries.

USA projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Damien Lillard
  • Shooting guard: Keldon Johnson
  • Small forward: Kevin Durant
  • Power forward: Draymond Green
  • Center: JaVale McGee

Damien Lillard is an American playmaker. His performance against France was not perfect, but he was third in his team with 10 points, 3 assists and rebounds. Results against Iran were more confident: we have seen 21 points, 5 assists and 2 rebounds by him.

Czech Republic projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Tomas Vyoral
  • Shooting guard: Tomas Satoransky
  • Small forward: Blake Schlib
  • Power forward: Patrick Auda
  • Center: Jan Vesely

Jan Vesely, in spite of losing against France, finished that fixture with the highest number of attacking actions among all players and was the second top-scorer. He scored 19 points, made 5 rebounds and 3 assists.

USA vs Czech Republic Olympic basketball (July 31) betting tips and prediction

Czech Republic has not lost in their last 8 matches in a row with more than a 22 points difference. Their single H2H match against USA finished with the score difference of 21. Besides, the USA are not in their best condition now, while Czech Republic are in better form than the previous time they played against each other. The bet is worth taking.

Betting prediction: Czech Republic — Points spread (+22.5)

Odds: 1.85 (-118; 17/20)

Basketball Olympic Basketball . Group A. Round 3
USA — Czech Republic
Czech Republic — Points spread (+22.5)
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!