The Rennes vs PSG fixture in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, January 15, 2023, starting at 7:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Roazhon Park, Rennes.
Latest odds on betting sites
PSG are priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 62%. Rennes have an odds of 5.70 (+470; 47/10) to take two points before overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 17%. Finally, the draw comes with the odds of 4.70 (+370; 37/10), which equals an approximate probability of 21%.
The latest odds for Rennes vs PSG (January 15, 2023):
- Over 3.5 goals — 2.55 (+155; 31/20)
- Under 3.5 goals — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Angers — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on PSG — 2.55 (+155; 31/20)
Match preview and statistics
Rennes will take hard to win this fixture against PSG without two strong attackers. Martin Terrier, who scored nine goals and made four assists this season, will skip the match due to a knee injury. Also, Benjamin Bourigeaud received a red card in the most recent game. He has scored four goals in the last eight fixtures for Rennes.
Rennes are the fourth in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 with 34 points in 18 fixtures, but they have performed incredibly in their home matches. Les Rennais have won eight out of nine played home games having a + 16 goal-diff, which is the greatest number. RC Lens is a single team without losses, whereas PSG have eight victories and a draw.
In the most recent game, Rennes were defeated by Clermont (1-2). The loss was mostly provided by receiving a red card in the 77th minute. Arnaud Kalimuendo scored a single goal for his team with Benjamin Bourigeaud's support.
Both teams have scored in the last 10 matches with Rennes’ participation. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) this time.
PSG keep being the best in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 with a great advantage. They have a +35 goal diff after 18 played games and are the single team in the league with only one loss. Les Parisiens are best in offense, defense, and possession. Also, they have three attackers among the top 10 scorers of the league. Their single current weakness is the number of injured defensemen.
In the most recent game, PSG smashed Angers (2-0). They did not let their rivals make a single shot on target. Hugo Ekitike and Lionel Messi scored the first and the second goals, respectively.
Asian handicap (-1.5) on PSG has played out in four of the last seven matches. The exact handicap comes with the odds of 2.55 (+155; 31/20) in the next fixture.
Rennes vs PSG H2H
PSG won the last match against Rennes (1-0). Kylian Mbappe scored a winning goal with Lionel Messi’s support. He scored one more goal, but it was canceled due to offside.
Lineups and key players
PSG projected starting lineup:
- Gianluigi Donnaruma
- Sergio Ramos
- El Chadaille Bitshiabu
- Achraf Hakimi
- Marco Verratti
- Carlos Soler
- Fabian Ruiz
- Lionel Messi
- Neymar Jr.
- Kylian Mbappe
Lionel Messi is the best assistant of the 2022-23 Ligue 1 with 10 assists. Also, he has scored five goals in the last six matches for Paris Saint-Germain.
Rennes projected starting lineup:
- Alfred Gomis
- Adrien Truffert
- Arthur Theate
- Joe Rodon
- Hamari Traore
- Christopher Wooh
- Flavien Tait
- Lovro Majer
- Kamaldeen Sulemana
- Arnaud Kalimuendo
- Amine Gouiri
Arnaud Kalimuendo scored a single goal in the last match against Clermont. Overall, Kalimuendo has scored four goals and has made an assist in the 2022-23 Ligue 1.
Prediction and betting tips
Rennes had a great opportunity to beat PSG. Les Parisiens recently received their first loss in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 and have a lot of injured defensemen. However, Les Rennais will not able to show their best offense due to injuries in the attack. Martin Terrier and Benjamin Bourigeaud will not play in this fixture. Despite that, I believe that Rennes will be able to score in this fixture. Also, they have scored five goals in the last five H2H matches against PSG.
Despite injuries, Paris Saint-Germain absolutely smashed Angers in the most recent fixture. Also, they have won 12 of the last 13 matches and beat Rennes in the last H2H fixture. I believe that they will this time too.
Betting prediction: Both teams to score & PSG to win
Odds: 3.00 (+200 American; 2/1 Fractions)
Share your thoughts!