The Washington Capitals vs Colorado Avalanche fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Saturday, October 19 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is Capital One Arena, Washington.
Latest odds on betting sites
The Washington Capitals are priced with the odds of 3.00 (+200 American; 2/1 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 31%. The Colorado Avalanche come with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 46%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2), which equals an approximate probability of 23%.
The latest odds for Washington Capitals vs Colorado Avalanche (19 November 2022):
- Over 6.5 goals — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Under 6.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 2.55 (+155; 31/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Capitals — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
Match preview and statistics
The Washington Capitals lost a most recent match against the Saint Louis Blues (4-5 SO).
In the first period, the Blues made only seven shots on target and won 14 out of 19 face-offs. Also, they converted one out of three power play opportunities and scored two more goals. Brayden Schenn, Pavel Buchnevich and Torey Krug ripped three ginos for the Blues.
The Washington Capitals attacked in the second period. They made 18 shots on target and completed 15 defensive actions. Alexander Ovechkin and John Carlson scored their goals in the 36th and 38th minutes, respectively. Ryan O'Reilly bagged the fourth puck for the Blues.
In the last period, the Washington Capitals dominated. They made 22 shots on target and let the Saint Louis Blues make only three attempts to score. John Carlson and Conor Sheary bagged two goals to level the score. However, the Capitals were weaker than the Blues in the bullets.
Thomas Greiss completed 47 saves to finish this match as the third star. Pavel Buchnevich and John Carlson were the match's first and second-best stars.
A total of over 6.5 goals has played out in the last three matches with the Capitals participating. The same capacity comes with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) this time.
The Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes (3-2 OT).
The Carolina Hurricanes started the first period well with 12 goals. The Avalanche made only five attempts to score, but they finished one of them successfully and did not let the Hurricanes score any goals. Evan Rodrigues converted a power play opportunity to open the score in the eighth minute.
The Colorado Avalanche made six shots on target in the second period, whereas the Hurricanes made 17 attempts to score and won 16 out of 23 face-offs. Sebastian Aho levelled the score in the 28th minute, but Alex Newhook gave his team a one-goal lead in the 35th minute.
In the last period, the Carolina Hurricanes dominated, but they could only finish up to one out of 18 attempts to score successfully. The Avalanche made only two shots. Martin Necas levelled the score in the 51st minute. However, Artturi Lehkonen scored a winning goal in the second minute of the overtime.
Artturi Lehkonen was named the first star of the match for scoring the winning goal. Pavel Francouz completed 46 saves to finish the match as the third star.
Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche has played out in four of the last six matches. The same outcome is priced with odds of 2.55 (+155; 31/20) in this game.
Washington Capitals vs Colorado Avalanche H2H
The Capitals defeated the Colorado Avalanche (3-2) in the last H2H match. Valeri Nichushkin and Artturi Lehkonen scored two goals for his team. Marcus Johansson was the first star. He scored a goal and made an assist. The game's second and third stars were Cale Makar and Bowen Byram, with one assist each.
Lineups and key players
Washington Capitals projected starting lineup:
- Darcy Kuemper
- Alexander Alexeyev
- Nick Jensen
- Anthony Mantha
- Evgeny Kuznetsov
- Alexander Ovechkin
Alexander Ovechkin is the best scorer for the Capitals in the 2022-23 season. He has scored nine goals and has made eight assists.
Colorado Avalanche projected starting lineup:
- Alexandar Georgiev
- Cale Makar
- Devon Toews
- Artturi Lehkonen
- Nathan MacKinnon
- Mikko Rantanen
Artturi Lehkonen was the first star of the most recent match and scored one out of two goals in the last H2H match against the Capitals.
Prediction and betting tips
The Washington Capitals dominated in the most recent fixture against the Saint Louis Blues. They made 51 attempts to score but were stopped by Thomas Greiss, who completed 47 saves. Also, the Capitals have won the last three H2H games against the Colorado Avalanche.
Jared Bednar's boys have won five of the last six matches. They did not show a confident attack in the previous game, but the defence saved this match for the Avalanche. Also, the Capitals are uncomfortable rivals for the Colorado Avalanche. I believe that the Asian handicap (+1.5) on the Capitals will play out in this game.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) on Capitals
Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractions)
Share your thoughts!