The Paula Badosa Gibert vs Maria Sakkari fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Indian Wells will take place on Saturday, 19 March 2022, starting at 2:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Indian Wells Tennis Garden, Indian Wells.
Latest odds on betting sites
Paula Badosa Gibert is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 55%. Maria Sakkari comes with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 45%.
The latest odds for Paula Badosa Gibert vs Maria Sakkari (March 19):
- Over 21.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Under 21.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Badosa Gibert — 2.70 (+170; 17/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Sakkari — 1.45 (-222; 9/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) games on Badosa Gibert — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) games on Sakkari — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
Match preview and statistics
Paula Badosa Gibert beat Veronika Kudermetova (6-3, 6-3) in the quarter-final.
The tennis players traded winning first service games of the first set. Then Paula Badosa Gibert won three games in a row. She had one more breakpoint in the sixth game, but Kudermetova saved it. They traded winning service games before a 5-3 score. Badosa Gibert reached a 40-0 score in the ninth game, but Kudermetova leveled it and received a breakpoint, but she was not lucky to convert it.
Paula Badosa reached a 40-15 score in the first return game of the second set. She had three breakpoints and converted the last one. Then the players were approximately equal to a 3-1 score. In the fifth game, Badosa Gibert received three breakpoints again, and converted one of them. Both tennis players won remaining service games to finish the set with a 6-3 score.
Paula Badosa has won all four matches in this tournament to nil. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.70 (+170; 17/10) in this match.
Maria Sakkari beat Elena Rybakina (7-5, 6-4) in the last game.
Rybakina started the first set perfectly. She won the first three games and played flawlessly to a 2-4 score. However, Maria Sakkari converted the second breakpoint in the sixth game and won the next one to level the score. The tennis players traded winning fifth service games. Sakkari reached a 40-30 score in the sixth return game and finished it in her favor. Then she won the last game to finish the set.
Elena Rybakina won the first game of the second set and reached a 40-0 score in the second one, but Maria Sakkari saved four breakpoints. Then the Greek tennis player converted the first breakpoint in the third game and received two more in the next return game, but she was not lucky to convert them. The tennis players did not give each other more breakpoint opportunities in this set to finish it with a 6-4 score.
A total of under 9.5 games in the first set has played out in three out of four matches in the 2022 WTA Indian Wells with Maria Sakkari’s participation. The same total comes with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5).
Paula Badosa Gibert vs Maria Sakkari H2H
Paula Badosa Gibert defeated Maria Sakkari (7-6, 6-4) in a close fight in the 2021 WTA Finals. She won 82% of service games and 63% of points. Badosa were better in three out of 11 return games and took 46% of return points. She saved and converted three breakpoints each.
Maria Sakkari won 73% and 18% of service and return games, respectively. She won 54% of service points and 37% of return. Sakkari saved nine breakpoints and converted 40% out of five breakpoints.
Prediction and betting tips
Paula Badosa Gibert has won 14 of the last 18 fixtures, whereas Maria Sakkari has won nine of the last 11 fixtures. Both players are in outstanding form now. Both tennis players have met approximately equal rivals in this tournament, and they have won all these rivals to nil. Also, they have performed equally against these rivals and look absolutely equal now.
Paula Badosa may be a bit stronger, because she won over Sakkari in a single H2H match to nil. However, scores in sets were so close. I believe that we will see a total of over 21.5 games, which has played out in their head-to-head game. Also, I believe that Badosa Gibert’s chances are a bit greater, but her victory is not a safe outcome.
Betting prediction: Over 21.5 games
Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Paula Badosa Gibert to win
Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)