The Petra Kvitova vs Iga Swiatek fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 WTA Miami will take place on Wednesday, 30 March 2022, starting at 2:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Sun Life Stadium, Miami.
Latest odds on betting sites
Petra Kvitova is priced with the odds of 4.70 (+370 American; 37/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 23%. Iga Swiatek comes with the odds of 1.25 (-400; 1/4) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 77%.
The latest odds for Petra Kvitova vs Iga Swiatek (March 30):
- Over 19.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Under 19.5 games — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Swiatek — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Kvitova — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (-5.5) games on Swiatek — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (+5.5) games on Kvitova — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Match preview and statistics
Petra Kvitova defeated Veronika Kudermetova (7-6, 6-4) in the last match.
Both tennis players won their first return games of the first set. Then Kvitova won the next three games. She converted one out of three break points and saved a single one during these games. Kudermetova received two more breaks in the seventh game, but did not convert them. However, then she won three games in a row to level the score and the tennis players traded winning sixth return games. In tie-breaks, Kvitova made one mistake less to win it with a 7-5 score.
Veronika Kudermetova started the second set perfectly. She won the first four games. Kvitova did not have break points during these games. However, the Czech tennis player showed an incredible comeback. She won six games in a row to win the match. Petra Kvitova converted the first break point in all return games and saved three breaks in this set.
She has played well in 2022. Petra Kvitova has won 70.5% of service games and 29.1% of return games. She has saved and converted 50% and 53% of break points, respectively. She has made approximately four aces and five double faults per match.
A total of under 9.5 games in the second set has played out in three of the last four matches with Petra Kvitova participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) in this quarter-final.
Iga Swiatek beat Cori Gauff (6-3, 6-1) in the most recent fixture.
Swiatek received a break point in the first game of the first set, but Gauff saved it. In the fifth game, the Polish tennis player had four more breaks, but did not convert them again. In the next return game, she finished one out of two break points successfully. Cori Gauff was not lucky to convert two breaks in the eight game and finally lost the set with a 6-3 score.
In the second set, the tennis players traded winning first service games, but it was the end of their equal play. Iga Swiatek did not leave her rival chances by winning five games in a row. She did not make double faults and did not give her Gauff break points. She created two break points opportunities and finished both successfully.
Current season is the best for Iga Swiatek. She has won approximately 72% and 54% of service and return games, respectively. Swiatek has saved 60% of breaks and has converted 58%.
Iga Swiatek has won the last six matches with a 2-0 score. She is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) to win this game to nil.
Prediction and betting tips
Iga Swiatek is in her best form at the moment. She has a streak of 14 victories. Also, she has won the last two tournaments with her participation. Her stats in the 2022 season are much better than Kvitova’s. In this tournament, both tennis players have met approximately equal rivals and performed flawlessly in these matches. In the last game, Petra Kvitova won over Kudermetova, who is in her best form, in two sets. That is the reason why she is able to show a strong performance against Swiatek. I believe that the Polish tennis player will win this match, but we will see a total of over 19.5 games.
Betting prediction: Iga Swiatek to win & over 19.5 games
Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional)